Should I downgrade?

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

vlad

Should I downgrade?

Post by vlad »

Hi guys!

I'm using Mantis BT 1.3.4 for time tracking and I have problems installing time tracking plugins. In Plugin Mgmt section it doesn't allow me to click install (no Installation link visible) for tracking plugins and it says in Dependencies - MantisBT Core 1.2.0 (in red). Is the version of core the problem?

If so, how do I downgrade?
Otherwise, is it possible to find time tracking plugins for 1.3?

p.s. I enabled the core tracking functions in defaults config.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Should I downgrade?

Post by atrol »

vlad wrote:In Plugin Mgmt section it doesn't allow me to click install (no Installation link visible) for tracking plugins and it says in Dependencies - MantisBT Core 1.2.0 (in red). Is the version of core the problem?
It's the first problem, maybe there are even more
It seems the mentioned plugin is quite dead, see https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/tim ... /issues/18
vlad wrote:If so, how do I downgrade?
You have to restore the database dump you hopefully created before running the upgrade
vlad wrote: Otherwise, is it possible to find time tracking plugins for 1.3?
p.s. I enabled the core tracking functions in defaults config.
But you do not want to use it? Why are you asking for a plugin?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
vlad

Post by vlad »

Thanks for the response!

I do want to use the time tracking plugins because default finctionality has only a few features (eg doesnt allow submit time reports bsckdated). So I kindly ask your advise whether I would need to downgrade or there are different addons for the newer Mantis version.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

I am not aware that there is any other time tracking plugin that works with MantisBT 1.3.x, maybe I am wrong.

You could try to contact the author of the plugin and ask if he could make some changes to make it compatible with 1.3.x.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual