Mantis 2.0 Email Problem - SOLVED

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

DRichter4764

Mantis 2.0 Email Problem - SOLVED

Post by DRichter4764 »

I upgraded my installation of Mantis from 1.2.19 to 2.0.0.

My notification emails were working just fine under v1.2.19. After the upgrade, emails of any kind are no longer working. My 1.2.19 config_inc.php file was set to use SENDMAIL. I have also tried changing the config_inc.php file to attempt to use PHPMailer with SMTP and that does not work either.

I am able to receive/send email on the server otherwise just fine. This particular server is configured with Dovecot/Exim and there are no log entries at all showing that Mantis is handing off emails to Exim. My Maillog also does not show any activity for attempted email delivery.

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?
DRichter4764

Re: Mantis 2.0 Email Problem - SOLVED

Post by DRichter4764 »

SOLUTION:

As it turns out, there was an issue with my SMTP configuration code block in the config_inc.php file: I forgot to remove < and > characters around a couple of email addresses in the file. I was not able to see error output from attempting to send mail out from Mantis until I installed the EventLog plugin for my version of Mantis. Once I installed the plugin, I was able to see what the issue was, correct it, and go about sending emails without issue.