How to make summary description as a link to bug id?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

calico123

How to make summary description as a link to bug id?

Post by calico123 »

Hi,

I wanted to modify in the View Issue page the summary column to act also like link to bug view page (similar to bug_id in the ID column). Is it possible? I searched almost all php files and didn't find line where I can modify it. In the my_view_inc.php it was easy to modify, I founded the line with variable $t_summary and paste there this code:

Code: Select all

echo '<a href="' . string_get_bug_view_url( $t_bug->id ) . '"> '.$t_summary.' </a>';
To be consistent I want to do the same for the View Issue page, where user can click on summary of the chosen bug and will be moved to bug page.
Attachments
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg (146.38 KiB) Viewed 5112 times
Tagirijus

Re: How to make summary description as a link to bug id?

Post by Tagirijus »

Hey there,

I also wanted to change MantisBT to show the summary as a link to this bug and I also found your thread, hehe. Luckily I managed to change the code to do this - in MantisBT 2.5.1.

You have to change the file core/columns_api.php, the function print_column_summary in line 1505 to:

Code: Select all

echo '<td class="column-summary"><a href="view.php?id=' . $p_bug->id . '">' . $t_summary . '</a></td>';
It works here. Unfortunately this probably will be gone after you update to a new mantis version, I guess.

Hope this helps hopeless people like me, who will find this thread, but now with a helpful reply instead of no reply. ;)