Novice here - Missing attachments - what can i safely try?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

gabpalves

Novice here - Missing attachments - what can i safely try?

Post by gabpalves »

Hi!

First of all, i apologize in advance if what i'm asking seem too basic. I'm trying to google around to try to find the answers for my questions, but i'm not confident enough in taking the suggested actions, fearing my case may not be the same. English also isn't my first language :oops:

I'm a recent graduate, recently hired it professional with no relevant prior experience, and i've been just made temporary sysadmin for this rather big company. One of the tings i need to administer is this web server that runs, among some other undocumented things, the Mantis webservice used by the company development team (10+ professionals). I have never even heard of it before.

Thing is i've been told the application has been migrated from an old server to a freshly installed CentOS virtual machine, on our new VM environment. But now, a week after the company sysadmin left on vacation, the dev and support teams realized there are absolutelly no attachments whatsoever in the application. Plus, they don't seem to be able to attach any file bigger than 1mb (401 error returned).

First things first, this last problem (>1mb attachments, 401 error). I found this entry that seems to apply to my scenario. But as this involves a live server, i thought i should look for help before trying it out myself. Thought i should make a backup first, but i'm once again not confident enough to try it without the opinion of somebody who has done it before. BTW: phpMyAdmin doesn't seem to be enabled (nothing related to it in /var/www/html), and this server also hosts other webpages. I'm not sure if any of them uses mySql - hell, i'm not even sure if Mantis configured to use it, or if it's installed at all.
  • Should i just take a snapshot?
  • Is it safe to run this command?
  • Should i save it somewhere specificly?
  • Should i do it off hours?
... And that's just the beginning. I'm really lost and apprehensive right now. I really hope somebody could help me :|