Mantis 1.3.X - "fake" users

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mlcrane

Mantis 1.3.X - "fake" users

Post by mlcrane »

Hi

In 1.2.X, we created a couple of "fake" users for Assigned To that are used (infrequently) to indicate that particular departments should deal with an issue, rather than individual users (basically, we added a couple of extra "<option>" tags to the two "Assigned to" fields, and then some very simple logic to replace the fake IDs at display time). Used to work fine.

In 1.3.X, we've now found out that there is way more checking of users and our two fake users are no longer acceptable to Mantis when submitting/editing an issue. I can manually change the handler in the DB and it's still displayed OK, but given that my quick attempts to fix this have led to a rabbit hole of errors, I'm starting to wonder if there's a way to add two new "proper" local user accounts that will display normally/not raise errors, but that cannot log in?
mlcrane

Re: Mantis 1.3.X - "fake" users

Post by mlcrane »

Somewhat answering my own question, I thought I'd just give it a go.

Created two bare minimum users directly in the database (they don't appear in Manage Users), but with our existing modifications, it appears that Mantis is now happy for things to be assigned to the two users.