MySQL database setup on new MantisBT 2.2.0 install

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

dankell

MySQL database setup on new MantisBT 2.2.0 install

Post by dankell »

I am having problems setting up a new installation of MantisBT on a Windows IIS server.

We have downloaded MantisBT 2.2.0, and installed it along with Windows IIS 7.5.1, PHP 7.1 and MySQL 5.1.73

The mantisbt/admin/install.php page loads, and all the checks are Green/Good.

However, when we click Install / Upgrade Database we either get an error 500 (if accessing the server remotely), or the following error if accessing from localhost:

Code: Select all

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect_error() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mantisbt\library\adodb\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php:802
Stack trace:
#0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mantisbt\core\database_api.php(672): ADODB_mysqli->ErrorMsg()
#1 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mantisbt\admin\install.php(424): db_error_msg()
#2 {main}
  thrown in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mantisbt\library\adodb\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php on line 802
The PHP installation is straight out of the box, and has php_mysqli.dll in the ext folder.

At the moment I have a mysql user set up as full DBA which I am want to use for mantis.

What am I missing?
dankell

Re: MySQL database setup on new MantisBT 2.2.0 install

Post by dankell »

Fixed - despite the docs saying MySQL 5.1 was supported (but 5.5 recommended), the fix was to upgrade the DB server to 5.5
atrol
Site Admin

Re: MySQL database setup on new MantisBT 2.2.0 install

Post by atrol »

I recommend to use the documentation that comes with our installation (check folder doc/en-US/Admin_Guide)
or to browse online http://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master/en- ... e.versions

The provided link https://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master-1. ... tware.html
is the documentation of version 1.3.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual