2 installations, same domain - works, but login crosses over

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

awolff

2 installations, same domain - works, but login crosses over

Post by awolff »

PHP 5.6.31

I had just finished an installation of 2.5.1 under a subfolder i.e. mydomain.com/opti/. I set up the administrator, configured the software, etc. and all went well.

Then, I was immediately asked to install a SECOND one, but in a different subfolder (i.e. mydomain.com/opti2/). The reason? Two different Support groups each require consecutive issue numbers with no intermingling. (I just work here).

So, since I had done nothing more then configure the first and set up an admin, I thought I would speed things up by doing the following:

1) zipped the files under /opti1/, unzipped to /opti2/

2) I created a new database and dumped a copy of the first into the second

3) I altered the config_inc file under /opti2/config adjusting any /opti/ paths to /opti2/ (each installation has some folders below webroot), altered the database details to match the new, and applied a new MASTER SALT.

The result? Both installations run great.

The problem? When I log in as the administrator in one, it also logs me in as administrator in the other. Log out of one, logs my out of the other.

Before I adjust anything... I am hoping someone could explain if this is just a simple matter of creating a new admin in the new installation (I am thinking as it was the same SALT for that initial admin, that may be the culprit) - or is there more to this from which we will see more issues going forward?

Thanks
atrol
Site Admin

Re: 2 installations, same domain - works, but login crosses

Post by atrol »

Changing $g_cookie_path and/or $g_cookie_prefix in config_inc.php in one of the installations should do the job
https://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master/en ... ig.cookies
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
awolff

Post by awolff »

Yeah that was it - set the prefix and all is well. Should have found that, as I went through the config - but somehow missed it. Thanks for the quick response - and the excellent software. Hard to believe this is open source.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

awolff wrote:Hard to believe this is open source.
Why hard to believe? There is quite a lot of good open source available.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual