Ability to remove fields like Severity and Reproducibility

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mooy

Ability to remove fields like Severity and Reproducibility

Post by mooy »

Does someone can help me:
Is it possible to remove those kinds of fields (or make them invisible) from all pages (filter, "Report Issue", "Viewing Issues" etc.)?

If it is, how can I do that?

Mantis ver 1.1.2

Thanks !!
vzw614

Re: Ability to remove fields like Severity and Reproducibility

Post by vzw614 »

Yes. Find the section of config_defaults_inc.php with $g_view_issues_page_columns in it and it explains how to add/remove fields from the those pages.

Just be sure you make your changes in config_inc.php (copy/rename config_inc.php.sample) because config_defaults.php is overwritten when you upgrade Mantis.
mooy

Post by mooy »

Thank you "vzw614" for your replay !

The "$g_view_issues_page_columns" enable change the fields only on the "Viewing Issues".

I would like to remove those fields globally - from all pages: filter, "Report Issue", "Update Issue", "Import Bugs/Issues" and … "Viewing Issues".
vzw614

Post by vzw614 »

I think to remove the fields at that level you would need to actually edit the individual .php files but I can't really offer you any advice on doing that as I don't know php very well.

Just keep in mind that if you modify the .php files you will need to make those same changes again if(when) you ever upgrade to a new version of Mantis.
mooy

Post by mooy »

So...there's no choice.
I will edit the individual .php files ( keeping a change log for the future updating).
Thank you "vzw614" for your help !