Displaying last note on view_all_bugs_page.php

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

matejp

Displaying last note on view_all_bugs_page.php

Post by matejp »

Hello,

I tried to customize our Mantis to met my needs and succeeded in most parts. I renamed and added new statuses, priorities, hid uneccessary fields (severity, reproductibility...) and so on... but I dont know how to display "last note" of issue as new column on view_all_bug_page.php. How do I do that? I tried with custom columns, but i don't think this is the way to solve my problem.

Please give me ideas how to display "last note" of issue on view_all_bug_page.php.

Thanks in advance :)...
matejp

Re: Displaying last note on view_all_bugs_page.php

Post by matejp »

I resolve this issue by myself. The solution includes modifing core Mantis files (filter_api.php) and some other minor changes in order to work with SQL Server 2008. Brief description:

I had to change file "filter_api.php":
- function "filter_get_bug_rows", where I added SQL CASE statement to retrieve last note or description for selected issue as "last_note". The idea is that i only need to add new columns with desired information in original SQL statement, to print these information in view_issues_page_columns.php...
- deleted "DISTINCT" word from all SQL queries in "filter_api.php"

Created in root directory "mantis" file "custom_strings.php", where I added entry:
$s_last_note = 'Last Note';

Changed file "columns_api.php" where i added new function "print_column_last_updated" where I remove functionality to sort issues for this column. This must be done in order to prevent sort error when user clicked on "Last note" link.

Then I go to Manage -> Manage Configuration where I modified configuration options for view_issues_page_columns. I added "last_note" to view this column on "view_bug_page.php".

I can provide more details how I did this, if anyone has interest.
matejp

Post by matejp »

I resolve this issue by myself. The solution includes modifing core Mantis files (filter_api.php) and some other minor changes in order to work with SQL Server 2008. Brief description:

- function "filter_get_bug_rows", where I added SQL CASE statement to retrieve last note or description for selected issue as "last_note". The idea is that i only need to add new columns with desired information in original SQL statement, to print these information in view_issues_page_columns.php...

Created in root directory "mantis" file "custom_strings.php", where I added entry:

Changed file "columns_api.php" where i added new function "print_column_last_updated" where I remove functionality to sort issues for this column. This must be done in order to prevent sort error when user clicked on "Last note" link.

Then I go to Manage -> Manage Configuration where I modified configuration options for view_issues_page_columns. I added "last_note" to view this column on "view_bug_page.php".

giacomignoz

Post by giacomignoz »

Hi, matejp.
i have the same problem.

Can you to attach your file filter_api.php?

Giacomo
Toti29

Post by Toti29 »

Hi,

Can you provide me the code to resolve this issue?

Thanks!
Toti
spacomp

Post by spacomp »

Hi I would be interested in using this feature with our Mantis Setup at our organization.

Please share the detailed steps and the plugins if any?

awaiting your response.

Regards

Santosh S
newmantisuser

Post by newmantisuser »

I would love to know how to remove particular fields in Mantis that I do not need such as "Steps to Reproduce" amongst others.

EDIT - I have since figured out how to remove particular fields that I do not need such as "Steps to Reproduce" etc... in Mantis.
Last edited by newmantisuser on 15 Nov 2012, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
bgi

Post by bgi »

matejp wrote:I resolve this issue by myself. The solution includes modifing core Mantis files (filter_api.php) and some other minor changes in order to work with SQL Server 2008. Brief description:

Hi, matejp.

could you please attach your file filter_api.php ?
bgi

Post by bgi »

matejp wrote:I resolve this issue by myself. The solution includes modifing core Mantis files (filter_api.php) and some other minor changes in order to work with SQL Server 2008. Brief description:

Hi, matejp.

could you please attach your file modified files?
myicq

Post by myicq »

This user has not visited forum since 2010, so I think the chance is quite slim.

Would be nice with a simple tutorial from some devs on how to do add custom columns from SQL extracts.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

You should update the description of the plugin as it tells something about tags, but not last note.
Adds the Tags column to views in the Mantis bug tracker
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual