Last Modified: August 21, 2003 08:08AM
- XHTML compliance.
- Bug history logging
- Basic support for custom fields.
- Caching for query results within the same page
- Add admin subdirectory for admin scripts.
- Monitor bug (for anyone) - users can click a 'Monitor Bug' option to let them be included in the email notifications
- CSS Style Editor to be used to customise Mantis look'n'feel.
- Almost a complete re-write of code
- Focus on security
- Use Smarty templates at least for simple/advanced/print pages.
- More custom fields features
- Support diff emails which highlights the changes in the bug that caused the notification.
- Send an email per user including the information that the user have access to see + in the user's language. For example, in case of private bugnotes, one user may get them and the other may not.
- Bug relationship fields (Duplicate of, Depends on, Parent of, etc.)
- List modified files for each release - let users know what exactly has changed in each upgrade
- Little glyphs and graphics for site - asthetic niceties
- Bug Search (Advanced) - fleshed out search with multiple options (search in bugnotes, categories, etc)
- Mantis Logo - about time, right?
- Use Smarty templates for all pages
- Database abstraction layer - allow for Postgres, MS, and more
- Abstract account management - make it easier to integrate Mantis with other packages like PostNuke, PHPNuke, phpWebsite, ...etc.
- Have user settings per project - email preferences should be configurable on a per project basis
- Daily/Weekly report generation - generate a complex summary of the past day/week/month/year either on demand or via a cronjob or scheduled task.
- Move towards more complete (XHTML)HTML4/CSS conformance - except for form handling which requires nonstandard formatting
- PDF report generation - same as report generation expect into PDF format
- Nice bar and line graph charts (phplot/jpgraph) - generate plots based on the stats
- IP Tracking / banning - prevent spamming or harrassment from users
- Security Audit - examine every line, form, cookies, passwords, authetication for security weaknesses
- String/form handling Audit - make sure illegal and unsafe input is not allowed
- Interfaces for custom configuration
- Allow users to specify required fields
- Allow user to create own required fields
- Move some global settings into the database (?) - potential performance hit; advantage is simpler upgrading.
- "I forgot my password" email (requires different password storage system)
- plaintext, one-way crypt, de/encrypt, and no password authentication modes
- Show number of concurrent users - like Freshmeat.net
- Eliminate strtotime()
- Complex user profiles
- Moderation queue (?)
- User definable display fields (view all bugs page)
- Email module
- NNTP Mirroring (with threading)
- Sort view bugs by any field
- Auto update config file
- Auto show differences in config file when upgrading
- ETA support
- Priority support
- Projection support
- Move configuration variables into the database
- Multiple sort keys (?) - let people select more than one ordering for searches (complicated interface)
|User Contributed Notes
|There are no user contributed notes for this page.
|Last updated: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 - 23:34:49|