Detect Reply

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

andrea.mills

Detect Reply

Post by andrea.mills »

The readme states:
bug_report_mail is able to recognize if an email is a reply to an already opened issue and adds the content as a note.
I sent an email to the mailbox (subject- Having issues with software). The script turned that email into an issue in Mantis. I then login as the mailbox to reply to the sender (subject- RE: Having issues with software). The sender replies back (subject- RE: Having issues with software), and the plugin turned that reply into a new issue, rather than a note to the original.

Should I have done something special so that bug_report_mail can add a note to existing issue rather than create a new one? Am I misunderstanding how that feature is supposed to work?
SL-Gundam

Re: Detect Reply

Post by SL-Gundam »

The recognition works using the subject created for mantis notification emails, for example: "[project 0001234] this is a summary"

So basically if mantis sends a notification email to somebody and they reply to that email, EmailReporting will recognise the issue id in the subject and add a note instead of a new issue.

There are some other settings which can have an effect on this as well. I suggest you take a look at the "Manage Email Reporting"->"Manage Configuration Options" page.
andrea.mills

Post by andrea.mills »

Oh, I see :oops:

I tried that just now. I added a note to the issue so Mantis sends an email to the person who reported it (reporting occurred via email) (subject- [Project 6]: Having Problems with software). The user responds to that email (subject- RE: [Project 6]: Having Problems with software). Then EmailReporting picks up that response and still logs it as a new issue.

I'm guessing that the configuration option that says "What kind of search should be used to find the issue id in the subject" is to blame? It is currently set to Strict. What do the others mean? Below I've listed other feature configuration options.

Create new issues Yes
Add notes Yes
Rule system No
Parse HTML emails Yes
Remove MantisBT notification emails from replies. Yes
Remove all replies from notes No
Should users receive emails for their own actions (N/A if email_receive_own = ON) No
Write the sender of the email into the issue report/note Yes
Write the subject of the email in the note No
What kind of search should be used to find the issue id in the subject Strict
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Thats part of new functionality that still needs to be documented but in short its more or less the following

Strict = Accepts only the exact format that mantis notification emails use. Which means "anything[Project 0001234]anything here". The issue id is required to be exactly 7 figures long including the leading zeros.
Balanced = accepts mantis notification email formatted subjects but also [0001234] and also [1234]
Relaxed = Would accept allmost any number within [] somewhere in the subject

Since Strict was in effect, the example you gave me would fail because the leading zeros are missing. If the example you gave me is different from the the actual test, please provide me with another example.
andrea.mills

Post by andrea.mills »

No, you hit the nail right on the head. I changed that setting to relaxed and it worked like a charm. I think I'll set it to balanced, however so that there is still verification of issue numbers. Thanks!
cas

Post by cas »

So in which version of the plugin will find the "What kind of search should be used to find the issue id in the subject" option :?:
Just downloaded 0.9.0.dev but did not find that one.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Functionality should have been finalised in this commit: https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/Ema ... 4b6a90ffa8

Maybe you downloaded the old git repository from mantisforge?
praveen

Post by praveen »

Even i am facing the same problem, Please help me to solve this

I sent an email to the mailbox (subject- test). In mantis bug created with the summary "test" after that i have replied to the same mail but in mantis instead of updating, it is creating one more bug with the summary "Re: test".

please tel me any configuration to be done this to be worked.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

See this post: http://www.mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopi ... 836#p45836

Also make sure that the subject line actually contains a issue id like it is specified in the link mentioned in the line above
praveen

Post by praveen »

Thanks for the reply,

I have used Strict, Balanced and Relaxed option but i didn't find any difference. So can you please guide how to solve this.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Please post the subject line you use for the initially created issue and the subject line used when you want the email added as a note