Windows folder permissions

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

cubert

Windows folder permissions

Post by cubert »

I have Mantis 1.2.9 running with PHP 5.4 and MySQL 5.1.62 on Windows Server 2008 R2. I configured EmailReporting for debug operation. EmailReporting tells me that the temporary path is not writable. I have given every entry in the Permissions tab full control and EmailReporting still says the folder is not writable when I try the script at /helpdesk/plugins/EmailReporting/scripts/bug_report_mail.php. I have turned on object auditing and there is not a single failure shown when this test runs. I'm tearing my hair out. What permissions does EmailReporting need, and how can I set them?
SL-Gundam

Re: Windows folder permissions

Post by SL-Gundam »

The folder needs to be an absoluth path, not a relative one. As MantisBT runs from a different path then the actual script for EmailReporting relative paths will not work properly
cubert

Post by cubert »

I put C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\tmp\, and the plugin rewrites it as C:/inetpub/wwwroot/helpdesk/tmp. Does the temp directory need to be under the EmailReporting plugin's folder?
cubert

Post by cubert »

I moved the temp directory to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\plugins\EmailReporting\temp\ and turned on global object access auditing, which logs every file access attempt for the entire operating system. There are no access failures for anything in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\. What is EmailReporting using to determine write access?
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Converting C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\tmp\ to C:/inetpub/wwwroot/helpdesk/tmp is correct so ignore that

The fact that it did that means the directory was accepted and working. Behind this setting there should now be some text in green, while if it were incorrect or not writable, there would be text in red.

keep in mind that the check that is performed is based on the user under which php is running. So if you run php directly it will be running under a different user then when you are running it through the webserver.

If you are unsure or if all else fails just add user "Everyone" in the directory permissions for C:\inetpub\wwwroot\helpdesk\tmp\ and give it full control.

Keep in mind that this directory is only needed for debug mode (0.9.0 and higher versions). If you disable debug mode there should be no problem
cubert

Post by cubert »

Thanks, giving Everyone full control solved the problem. Now I'm getting Message: Failed to connect to the mail server. Looks like I have some more troubleshooting. :-) I'll post about that if I can't get it figured out.