Howto debug TLS issue?

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

katasun

Howto debug TLS issue?

Post by katasun »

Email Reporting 0.9.0-DEV Plugin

I have problems to find a solution to get Email Reporting 0.9.0-DEV running with my server.

Mantis is running and Email Reporting 0.9.0-DEV is running in this case with an yahoo account. No problems including the cron job. But I have a server ( debian 7 ) with postfix and I use TLS security for encripting the email connections. I am using a private certificate on this server. I can access my mailboxes (from my debian server) with thunderbird or online with roundcube.

I am not able to access with the Email Reporting plugin. I was able to access my postboxes in the past, but without any enryption.

My question is howto debug this topic. I all find is "connection refused" and obviously I want to know why or dig deeper into this topic. Can someone tell me where I might find some more log files or error files. I was going through all log files from apache and from postfix but "connection refused" is not enough to change the setting or try to improve them to make the plugin run.

If you have a hint how to get more information i will be happy or maybe you know a setting that runs with postfix and private certificates.

Thank you. Katasun
SL-Gundam

Re: Howto debug TLS issue?

Post by SL-Gundam »

EmailReporting already shows you any error it can.

Your mail server might have more logs but i'm not sure.

Might there be a firewall blocking the connection?
Best way to test is using a telnet connection from the server that is running EmailReporting. Encryption is possible using telnet but it requires a complex set of actions using putty and creating a tunnel before you set up the telnet connection
http://www.anta.net/misc/telnet-trouble ... /pop.shtml
http://www.anta.net/misc/telnet-trouble ... imap.shtml