Reported by, email reporting defaults to Mail32..

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

suraj

Reported by, email reporting defaults to Mail32..

Post by suraj »

Hello all,

I am trying to set up email reporting , i have disabled the “The default / fallback reporter user for issues created by email”, but still when i try to create an issue sending an email the "reported by" defaults to "Mail32827". I am trying to get the reported by field to show the persons name who sent the email. How can i achieve this?

Thank you,
Suraj
Tesla986

Re: Reported by, email reporting defaults to Mail32..

Post by Tesla986 »

Suraj,

i have the same problem, i'm trying to modify all the settings of the plugin, without results.

:-(
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

First off. I would advise to keep fallback enabled and working properly if i were you. Its an "when all else fails" measure. If a proper reporter cannot be found then it will use that. If this is disabled then emails will be deleted if a proper reporter cannot be found

The setting you mentioned "The default / fallback reporter user for issues created by email" manages the fallback user. You cannot disable that functionality there. If you want to disable the fallback / default reporter do the following (not advised)
Use only default reporter user for issues created by email = No
Enable fallback to default reporter = No

As for enabling getting the proper reporting user
Use only default reporter user for issues created by email = No

If users do not exist and you want EmailReporting to create user accounts
Signup new users automatically (possible security risk!, see documentation) = Yes

These are some other settings you can configure for user creations but those are optional.
Also make sure the existing MantisBT users have the proper email addresses connected to them which they also use to send emails to EmailReporting
Tesla986

Post by Tesla986 »

solved with Use only default reporter user for issues created by email = No

Thank you :-D