User activity tracking plugin

General discussion about MantisBT Plugins

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

tsikerdekis

User activity tracking plugin

Post by tsikerdekis »

Is there a plugin that can show me the amount of tickets, and comments made by a user?
Starbuck

Re: User activity tracking plugin

Post by Starbuck »

To my knowledge there is no existing public plugin that will do just that.

However: There are a few existing plugins that have the code to do it. The code just needs to be extracted and re-organized.

https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/Activity
https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/inline-history

Also, as noted in the wiki, the MantisStats plugin will probably have the kind of code as well. I sent notes to the author a few days ago about the code and status. Unfortunately his site is down and there's no code available. I'll post back here if I get any more info on that.

Another way to approach this is with queries on the database. Once you get the query right, just wrap it in a simple plugin shell.

Is that any help?
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

The standard Mantis "Summary" page provides a few statistics about reporters.

If you are just interested int the amount of tickets of a single or a few users, you can use the "View Issues" page and filter by "Reporter".
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

If you are just interested int the amount of tickets of a single or a few users, you can use the "View Issues" page and filter by "Reporter".
Also in View Issues, you can filter to get tickets that have a "Note By" a specific user. That returns the tickets which shows a count of comments. But it does not show the count of comments by that person. For that specific function I believe custom code is required.

What's the application for this?
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!