Plugins by Deboutv and SebastienRenault

General discussion about MantisBT Plugins

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Starbuck

Plugins by Deboutv and SebastienRenault

Post by Starbuck »

I am creating this thread as simply a place to dump all notes about this code until it can be sorted. I'll take that on as a personal challenge as time permits, to update the list of available plugins, categorize, etc.

I have created two files, DeboutvMantisV1Plugins.zip and SebastienRenaultMantisV1Plugins.zip. A _README.txt in both files will help guide the future of this code. The files include links to the original websites where this code was found. It's extremely important that we give all credit for the source to the authors, as well as gratitude for their generosity in sharing their work.

I will post the files soon, or republish the code into a GitHub repo. But for now let's just talk about this code.

The files contain FOSS published by those two authors for MantisBT v1. As noted by @cas, the Deboutv plugins use a custom plugin system, so they aren't compatible with Mantis V2. I don't know anything about the Sebastien Renault plugins yet. A list of all of the plugins is below.

Since the plugins themselves are probably unusable, I'm wondering if any of the "primitives" in that code can be used. Perhaps there are core functions that can be extracted from that code which can be published for others to learn how to do simple things in Mantis. Perhaps there is functionality which applies in whole or in part to v2, which can be re-fit into new v2 plugins. For example, someone might learn something useful from code that extracts data from a bug record, or code that reads and then updates a bug record. The UI was completely re-written in v2 but there might be code that gets a list of bugs and then renders it in a loop ... just extract the functional code and replace the UI code.

There is a Lot of code here. Let's not let it go to waste. If I have time ( :lol: :cry: ) I'll try to go through it extract out some useful tips for the wiki.

Does anyone have any knowledge about these plugins, or insight into the source?

Deboutv
autoassign-0.0.4.mantis.pkg
autofill-0.0.5.mantis.pkg
bbcode-0.0.5.mantis.pkg
bugsin-0.0.5.mantis.pkg
cfnotes-0.0.5.mantis.pkg
filterlink-0.0.1.mantis.pkg
graph-0.0.5.mantis.pkg
helplink-0.0.2.mantis.pkg
hierarchy-0.0.5.mantis.pkg
htmlmail-0.0.7.mantis.pkg
importexport-0.0.4.mantis.pkg
longcf-0.0.4.mantis.pkg
mantis-nntp-0.0.2.tar.gz
myreport-0.0.4.mantis.pkg
myview-0.0.5.mantis.pkg
myviewissues-0.0.1.mantis.pkg
notif-0.0.4.mantis.pkg
pluginmanager-0.4.0.mantis.pkg
releasemgt-0.0.3.mantis.pkg
reminder-0.0.6.mantis.pkg
search-0.0.4.mantis.pkg
skype-0.0.3.mantis.pkg
- mantisskypetestd-0.0.3.tar.gz
weekly-0.0.4.mantis.pkg
wiki-0.0.4.mantis.pkg

Sebastien Renault
MantisImportUser_1.0.zip
MantisLanguages_1.0.zip
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!