MantisBT is slow down when report/ update issue

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

pvenkat

MantisBT is slow down when report/ update issue

Post by pvenkat »

I have a serious concern with my mantis

Installed 1.2.6 (latest version) with windows installer.
I have around 30 users and more than 500 Issues in my DB currently..
But when I report/ update any issue Mantis performance is drastically coming down.
Tried the following things even..
1. updated to "mediumtext" for metadata/ body in table "mantis_email_table" tough its not working out.

But to resolve the above issue, I kept Email Notification in OFF but I can not move ahead for long run with this solution I need my developers to get notified on New Issues/ Updates on Issues.... with EMAILS (which is not possible now unfortunately....)

I dont have issue with Email sending

"mantis_email_table"Table is not empty everytime email goes to respective developer/ new user (when I raise an Issue or create a new account)

The only issue with when I update/ posting new issues then problem raises.

Could anyone please helpme out with the solution.

Thanks for your support in advance..

Regards,
Phani
tino

Re: MantisBT is slow down when report/ update issue

Post by tino »

Hello,

I'm facing exactly the same issue. Mantis is working fast only reporting and updating an issue need very long 15s-50s.
This is my enfironment:
- Mantis 1.2.8
- MySQL / PHP version I have to check
- Apache 2
- Debian 6
- LDAP Usermanagement by an external server (Login and user management is quite fast)
- Mails are send by all-inkl via PHPMAILER_METHOD_SMTP (sometimes mails are hanging in the queue)
- Network connection is fast and stable

Any Idea what could be the reason?

Thanks & kind regards Tino
dynasoft

Post by dynasoft »

hi everybody

sadly, we have a similar problem.
We habe 2500 bug reports, and all was working well. but since last week, the users complain for very slow speeds, but only at sending/updating a report. If I do a SQL on the mysql DB, it is fast..
We changed the mail account, but i tested this on an other new mantis installation, and there it is super fast. I'll check if it is faster when i change de mailing again and i will report..
Lapinkiller

Post by Lapinkiller »

Hello

try using crontab to send emails instead of report/update web page ;)

i have hundred of projects and users, thousands of bugs and it was slow because of mails
Since i use cron for sending mail Mantis is not slow ;)
Lapinkiller,
French PHP developer
New look for your mantis : http://www.mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopi ... =4&t=20055
rubencamacho

Post by rubencamacho »

Hi pvenkat,

This also happened to my mantis, report issue, assign, resolve and others slowed down.

You can the size of you mantis_email_table.
Also checked if there are many queued mails on mantis_email_table.
(on my scenario, my mantis_email_table is almost 2GB and this is what slowed down my mantis, i resolved it by truncating my mantis_email_table)
If your mantis_email_table is also large and there is no more important mails that needs to be sent, you can also try truncating it.

Hope this helps. :)