Randomly just goes away

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

glennp

Randomly just goes away

Post by glennp »

We have been using Mantis about 3 weeks now. I have been able to get through all the headaches of startup including the email stuff. We are getting ready to release it to the user community. However there is one major issue I can't even begin to debug. It just goes away. It's random, but frequent. It's not limited to one particular function or feature. I go in and update a user, click on "Update User", I get "waiting for . . . ." and never a response. I go in and update the status of a ticket, click on submit, I get "waiting for . . . ." and never a response. Typically I can go back a page or two and start over again and then go through the same steps and it will work the second, or third, time.

A really significant instance of this is when a password reset is done. The user uses the link, puts in a new password and clicks update. It goes away but the new password doesn't work and the reset link is no longer valid. It has happened almost every time I have gone through a psw reset.

I've played around with PHP quite a lot over the years. This is what I remember seeing happen a lot. I had to know the code and put in a ton of debugging output to figure out what the code error was that caused it to disappear like that. I don't have a clue what should be done to determine the base cause of this. It seems too widespread to have a common reason. Is this something that regularly happens to users of Mantis?

I hate to release this to my customers until I resolve this. Or find another tool.

Any suggestions?
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Randomly just goes away

Post by atrol »

Which versions of MantisBT, PHP, operating system, database do you use?
Did you chcek your webserver logs? Any errors, warnings?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual