Windows authentication with mssqlnative db type

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Jepolis

Windows authentication with mssqlnative db type

Post by Jepolis »

Has anyone succeeded with using integrated windows authentication (not SQL authentication) while using: $g_db_type = 'mssqlnative';

How does your config_inc.php look (database configuration)?

If I create a new db user (SQL authentication) the installation works, but when I'm trying to use windows authentication I only get a connection error during the pre-installation check:
SQLState: 08001 Error Code: -1 Message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]SQL Server Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF].
SQLState: HYT00 Error Code: 0 Message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Login timeout expired
SQLState: 08001 Error Code: -1 Message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server.
Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections.

When creating the db I've set the correct windows login as db owner. From the web server mantis is configured to be ran as the same user. Further I've tested the connection using the command line (sqlcmd) and it works correctly with named account.

Setup:
IIS 7.5
SQL EXPRESS 2008
PHP 5.3.27
PHP MSSQL driver (SQLSRV20)
Mantis 1.2.15
Jepolis

Re: Windows authentication with mssqlnative db type

Post by Jepolis »

Solved it myself with a quick-hack. Check out http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=16256