Current state of SSO & Mantis integration

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

jvacek

Current state of SSO & Mantis integration

Post by jvacek »

Hello All,
So we've just done a major upgrade from mantis from around 7 years ago or so and we're trying to get a single sign on running again.
Currently, we are using LDAP to authenticate but it would be nice if we could simply use either Kerberos or the Windows credentials of the user signed to authenticate to mantis immediately and not have to use passwords (company policy on workstations basically ensures that the user signed in is the user we know he should be, so security wise this is fine). These are the only "passwordless" authentication types we could think of but if there are other options available, please let me know.
All googles point us to forum posts relative to Mantis 1.xx and are from almost 11 years ago, and therefore I'd like to ask if anyone has had experience with it since.
I would ask on the room on Freenode but with only 8 users there is not much activity going on :(

Looking forward to any suggestions, documentation or other pointers. Thanks in advance!
Starbuck

Re: Current state of SSO & Mantis integration

Post by Starbuck »

What is your opinion of the discussion on this topic, here in this forum, as recent as two weeks ago?
Try "sso" in the search box.
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!