Import Users - cookie_stirng

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

lcampagna

Import Users - cookie_stirng

Post by lcampagna »

Good afternoon!

I have been setting up and testing mantis for a while and am almost ready i think. However, I am trying to import list of users through phpadmin and am able to get the first user in but it errors out on the next user as the cookie_string wont allow duplicates. Makes sense, but i am not entering these. I was under impression these were null until first login? If not how do i create/import cookie_string data? More or less, i understand the concept and how cookie strings are used. What i need to know i guess, is if i am supposed to include this when adding to the mantis_user_table, where do i get the values? I can't just make it up correct?

Thank you in advance

Ubuntu: 16.04.3 LTS
Mantis: 2.1.0
PHP: 7.0.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

Regards,

Larry
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Import Users - cookie_stirng

Post by atrol »

The cookie_string is a unique key to the table, thus it can't be null.

I didn't try, but a quick solution could be that you insert the username also to the cookie_string column (assuming that there is no username longer than 64 characters)
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
lcampagna

Re: Import Users - cookie_stirng

Post by lcampagna »

atrol wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 22:21 The cookie_string is a unique key to the table, thus it can't be null.

I didn't try, but a quick solution could be that you insert the username also to the cookie_string column (assuming that there is no username longer than 64 characters)
Atrol: that solution worked, thank you for your reply and your time is greatly appreciated! Have a great weekend!