[Question] Possibility to send ticket info to external system?

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

jiglesias-s4g

[Question] Possibility to send ticket info to external system?

Post by jiglesias-s4g »

Hello Mantis,

One of our clients is studying the possibility of using mantis as their issue tracking system and we had some questions regarding integration between Mantis and external systems, such as Salesforce.

Mainly we would like to know if there's any option to create a filter to retrieve only modified issues from a dynamic date range such as "give me all the issues modified Today" or "give me all the issues modified in the last x minutes". With this filter we'd be able to retrieve only the specific issues via rest api from Salesforce without any other problem.

If it couldn't be done, a second option might be sending the issue once is updated directly from Mantis to our Salesforce via REST or something similar, but we haven't found anything regarding proactive sending of issues from Mantis to other systems. We're not asking for the solution itself but if it is possible some links to the docs we should read would be perfect.

Thank you all,
atrol
Site Admin

Re: [Question] Possibility to send ticket info to external system?

Post by atrol »

jiglesias-s4g wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 16:33would like to know if there's any option to create a filter to retrieve only modified issues from a dynamic date range such as "give me all the issues modified Today" or "give me all the issues modified in the last x minutes".
There is no dynamic date range available.
As a workaround you could create a filter that orders by "Date Modified" and use the REST API to fetch issues page by page until you are fetching issues that are older than the ones you want to see.
jiglesias-s4g wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 16:33 but we haven't found anything regarding proactive sending of issues from Mantis to other systems.
There is a plugin systems where you can subscribe to events, see https://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master/en ... ev.plugins
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Starbuck

Re: [Question] Possibility to send ticket info to external system?

Post by Starbuck »

You can find examples of plugins in the wiki and in this forum (see my sig).
For your application, you're looking for either a push from Mantis based on events, or a poll from Mantis as Atrol described. In the handler for your code, once you extract relevant data, just "mashup" that with Salesforce or whatever other environment you wish.

I know that's not a magic HowTo. The goal here is to clarify that you can extract whatever you want given the existing documentation and examples, and then you can use knowledge of whatever your target is to integrate with that.

HTH
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!