Deleting user accounts

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

ajtruckle

Deleting user accounts

Post by ajtruckle »

There are accounts on my system that were created in 2011 and last used in 2011. How can I delete all accounts that were last used before 1 January 2016?
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Deleting user accounts

Post by atrol »

As an example, check manage_user_prune.php to see how to delete users who have never logged in and are older than 1 week.

Keep in mind that
- there is no other undo after deleting users, than to restore a database backup
- wherever the deleted user is referenced (e.g. issues he created, notes he added), you will see the user name as a striked through User<ID>

So maybe you better just deactivate users instead of deleting them.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
ajtruckle

Post by ajtruckle »

Thanks. I don't see the point of having users in my database who have not used the resource in years.

But i don't want to fiddle with writing any PHP script or using phpadmin.

I would be much more comfortable with a user interface approach.
DorseyLey

Post by DorseyLey »

Hi Atrol, I was thinking along the same lines as the OP. But now that you mentioned deactivating users, I was wondering can you reactivate a deactivated user again?
Here are some of the best crossbows money can buy.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

DorseyLey wrote: 06 Nov 2018, 13:48can you reactivate a deactivated user again?
You can. Use Manage > Manage Users page for it. Enable check box "Show Disabled", click "Apply Filter" and order by column "Enabled"
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Raindrop

Post by Raindrop »

I don't think deleting them would be the best idea. Maybe putting them in a dormant mode would be the best option because you can reactivate whenever you want.
amphetamine

Post by amphetamine »

atrol wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 09:38 As an example, check manage_user_prune.php to see how to delete users who have never logged in and are older than 1 week.

Keep in mind that
- there is no other undo after deleting users, than to restore a database backup
- wherever the deleted user is referenced (e.g. issues he created, notes he added), you will see the user name as a striked through User<ID>

So maybe you better just deactivate users instead of deleting them.
the mistake I was made by accident :x
Is possible to re-add the deleted user through phpmyadmin? (same id, user name, email, etc.,)
I've tried, but get the #1062 error and don't know how to fixed it.
cas

Post by cas »

error 1062 stands for duplicate row (dupilicate primary key) , seems you try to add a user which is already there :mrgreen: