The email feature does not work Mantis 1.0.08

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

sammyhoss

The email feature does not work Mantis 1.0.08

Post by sammyhoss »

I need to know what aspects of Mantis do I need to double check in order to make sure why the email feature of mantis does not work. It used to work once, but broke down and we can not figure out how it went bad. I am new at mantis. I have checked the user name and password for the generic user and the permissions assigned to him in Mantis. But it did not get fixed.
vboctor
Site Admin

Re: The email feature does not work Mantis 1.0.08

Post by vboctor »

Here are some of the aspects that you may want to check:

1. Is the phpMailer set to use SMTP?
2. Is the user name / password still valid?
3. Are you using cronjob or normal email delivery? If cronjob, then is the appropriate script being executed from the cronjob?
4. Did you check the mantis_email_table to see if emails gets queued there?
5. Check the protocol logs of the email server.
6. Enable email logging in config_inc.php and see what happens when you do an event that triggers email notifications.
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
PortVista

Post by PortVista »

Same problem here. The email test in Mantis's Admin works and I receive the test emails. Just Mantis never sends any notifications when a project is updated. At the moment it's difficult for me to look at MySQL tables and it's a Windows Server so no cronjobs. The email server has no log of email sending from Mantis. I cannot get Mantis to generate a log file.
PortVista

Post by PortVista »

Just an update, the email DOES also send when I hit "Send a Reminder" ! This is ok, but it does NOT send when an issue is updatedt. The checkboxes in Manage / Email Notifications are all checked, so I don't know what is wrong?