Multiple Authentication mode

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

brunette

Multiple Authentication mode

Post by brunette »

Hi,

I continue the study of Mantis for our society... it's really a great project we really want to use it . It's easy to use, very complete and it's also very easy to configure if you know PHP.

I saw in the roadmap of the project that multiple authentification modes would be implement in the version 2.1.0. How many time do you think it will be implement ?

In fact I configure Mantis to use LDAP authentification. Easily all developpers can access to Mantis. But clients must be integrate to our LDAP dictionnary so and we wouldn't for securities reasons.

I don't know what to do ... I see that we can use mantis with a CMS ? We use Mambo in our IT it is possible to use Mambo module authentification with Mantis ?
How do you do in your IT ?

Thank you for your help ...

I also see that a manual will be write for the 2.0.2 version. I think It's a very good idea. Few open source projects have a manual. I would enjoy to help you in this project. How can I do ?
Who can I contact ?
Thanks

Carole Pruvost
@+
brunette
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

With respect to authentication, the plan was to make it modular to allow one to pick from several supplied methods, or plug in your own. It's still in the concept stage.

As for the manual, I'd suggest that you join the developer's list. We're looking to port the manual into a text file form. possibly using DocBook, to make it simpler to edit and manage. Any input would be welcome.
--
Glenn Henshaw Logical Outcome Ltd.
Mantis developer and user w: http://www.logicaloutcome.ca
brunette

Post by brunette »

Thanks ...

I will try to make a little plug in to do that before your implement of this fonctionnality.

Bye
brunette

Post by brunette »

Ok
I have implemented my own plug in for this case :

- people who work in our compagny -> ldap
- customer -> MD5

I just define a new constant in the file : core/constant_inc.php

If your are interested join me I will give you my solution ;-)

Bye
@+
brunette
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

I recommend you submit the modified files and possibly the patch at http://bugs.mantisbt.org. We can then look at it when we are working on this feature.

Regards,
Victor
Subscribe to Mantis blog
http://www.futureware.biz
don_moats

mutliple authentication

Post by don_moats »

Hi,

I am interested in this solution. Can someone please provide?

Thanks

Mantis 1.0.0rc2
Apache
MySQL
Php 4.4

Post by Guest »

Nevermind. I figured it out.
brunette

Re: multiple authentication

Post by brunette »

You can find my patch #<6718>

Bye

Re: Multiple Authentication mode

Post by Guest »

brunette wrote:Hi,

I continue the study of Mantis for our society... it's really a great project we really want to use it . It's easy to use, very complete and it's also very easy to configure if you know PHP.

I saw in the roadmap of the project that multiple authentification modes would be implement in the version 2.1.0. How many time do you think it will be implement ?

In fact I configure Mantis to use LDAP authentification. Easily all developpers can access to Mantis. But clients must be integrate to our LDAP dictionnary so and we wouldn't for securities reasons.

I don't know what to do ... I see that we can use mantis with a CMS ? We use Mambo in our IT it is possible to use Mambo module authentification with Mantis ?
How do you do in your IT ?

Thank you for your help ...

I also see that a manual will be write for the 2.0.2 version. I think It's a very good idea. Few open source projects have a manual. I would enjoy to help you in this project. How can I do ?
Who can I contact ?
Thanks

Carole Pruvost
hdezmora

Re: multiple authentication

Post by hdezmora »

brunette wrote:You can find my patch #<6718>

Bye

Hello there,
it is possible to get some hints regarding multiple authentication methods to be used in Mantis?
leelavinodh

Re: Multiple Authentication mode

Post by leelavinodh »

I am a new to bugtracker.
I need multiple authentication mode to mantis bugtracker. I also checked your patch 6718, need to know how to add this patch.

- Mantis 1.2.4
- Apache 2.2.17
- MySQL 5.1.50
- PHP 5.2.15
- phpMyAdmin 2.11.11.1

Thank you