E-Mail Notification Problems

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

jsanders

Post by jsanders »

Not totally because now when i work with the system from within the netork, each time i switch pages i get a prompt which askes for the username and password to enter the router.
So just for email linking i need the correct ipadres to be filled in. Not for navigating through the system.
Narcissus
Developer

Post by Narcissus »

Ahh, my apologies.

I could be wrong, but I would say that the best option, then, is to change the $g_path back to the original, dynamic, setting (so that external users continue to get the external address and internal users get the internal address).

Then, for the emails, edit a couple of functions in core/string_api.php. I would say that you need to change the string_get_bugnote_view_url_with_fqdn(...) function and the string_get_bug_view_url_with_fqdn(...) function. In each, just replace config_get( 'path' ) with the path you want.

Hope this helps,
Lincoln.
jsanders

Post by jsanders »

Narcissus wrote:Ahh, my apologies.

Then, for the emails, edit a couple of functions in core/string_api.php. I would say that you need to change the string_get_bugnote_view_url_with_fqdn(...) function and the string_get_bug_view_url_with_fqdn(...) function. In each, just replace config_get( 'path' ) with the path you want.

Hope this helps,
Lincoln.
So this config_get('') path, should this be the internal path or external path?
Narcissus
Developer

Post by Narcissus »

Well that all depends on what you want. I thought you were saying that you wanted your emails to always contain the external address, right?

If that's the case, you replace that config_get call in those two functions with the external address hardcoded instead...
philwade

Re: E-Mail Notification Problems

Post by philwade »

I had the same problem, and have altered string_get_bugnote_view_url_with_fqdn(...) function and the string_get_bug_view_url_with_fqdn(...) function. But I can see this will be a pain for my development team insde the LAN, so i have the url for internal end external in the bug emails.

Which function controls the url on Account registration emails?
philwade

Re: E-Mail Notification Problems

Post by philwade »

The answer to my question is: string_get_confirm_hash_url in string_api.php
mikey79

No email after setup-1.1.18

Post by mikey79 »

i just installed MySQL and Mantis. When I create new account, it never sends confirmation email to address on the new account. Thus I cannot log in with that new account. In short I have never received an email from Mantis 1.1.18.

I changed the SMTP server, username and password in the config_defaults_inc.php and by default $g_debug_email = OFF.

Anybody can help me with this? I can create new issues and assign it to various users.