issues are in both roadmap and changelog

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

dingfelder

issues are in both roadmap and changelog

Post by dingfelder »

I have a strange situation where my latest release I am working on is showing up in both the roadmap and the changelog.

bugs that are "fixed" show up in both
bugs that are "not reproducable" show up on the roadmap but not the changelog

I think this only started happening after one of the recent updates.

In my opinion, versions should not show up in the changelog prior to being "released". They should only be in the roadmap
vboctor
Site Admin

Re: issues are in both roadmap and changelog

Post by vboctor »

Based on my reading of your comments, it seems the behavior is by design. Here are some of the rules as per design:

1. The changelog only shows bugs that are resolved with a fixed_in_version and resolution fixed.
2. The roadmap shows issues related to unreleased versions with target version matching the version. It doesn't hide issues, since it reflects what is planned and the status of such issues.
3. The changelog show yet-to-be-released versions to show you what is coming. Potentially users may decide to just use changelog and not use the roadmap. In this case, you would see the changelog for the previous releases, as well as the next release.
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
dingfelder

Post by dingfelder »

I agree that what you typed represents what I am seeing.

I would assert however, that this is not what users would normally expect to see and it is confusing.

In my opinion, the 2 should be mutually exclusive.

the changelog should show things that are included in versions that are formally released.
the roadmap should show things that are planned for a future version.

I am curious what other users think the behavior should be.

thoughts?
tom_glebas

Post by tom_glebas »

A minor code modification can add "Release Pending" (or something similar) to the titles of unreleased versions that show up in the change log. See the following post in the Customization section of this forum.

http://www.mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7729
Nimitz1061

Post by Nimitz1061 »

My own expectation is exactly in alignment with the current design.

I expect the Roadmap to reflect work on upcoming releases including completed and incomplete items.

I expect the Changelogs to reflect past work, plus the current work, tagged by release. This allows me to view ChangeLog development, which I regard as an essential task that requires periodic review as development progresses.

A label for "coming attractions" can't hurt anything. But I'd prefer no other change as regards the development environment.

Perhaps this is something which could be managed with the RSS feed features??

David