status of configs being moved to db

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

br8kwall

status of configs being moved to db

Post by br8kwall »

On the mantis roadmap there is mention of moving the configuration options to the database.

We are anxiously waiting for this and I was wondering if/when it might be coming along? Will it really be included in the 1.0 release?
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

This is partially implemented now (in CVS). There is still work to do on the UI to change these parameters.
mgerben

More questions...

Post by mgerben »

Hi,

Saw the attached PDF in number #4416 about the workflow.
Looks lovely.

Two issues/questions about this and the workflow in general:
- If I add or delete workflow-states, how will this screen be affected?
How is the workflow affected in general? For example, several actions seem to have certain status(ses) hardcoded to them.
- Will this screen use the translations? I noted that the management-screen which checks the workflow does not.
thraxisp
Developer

Re: More questions...

Post by thraxisp »

mgerben wrote:Two issues/questions about this and the workflow in general:
- If I add or delete workflow-states, how will this screen be affected?
How is the workflow affected in general? For example, several actions seem to have certain status(ses) hardcoded to them.
- Will this screen use the translations? I noted that the management-screen which checks the workflow does not.
The workflow screen works of the $g_status_enum_string, so any statuses defined show up in the workflow. AFAIK, there are no hardcoded statuses, except CLOSED. The top part of the screen defines the other variables that affect the workflow. (Note that defining the enums in a screen is difficult because of the translations).

The screens now use translations. I'm not sure that they have been synchronized yet.