PHPmailer

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

an3k

PHPmailer

Post by an3k »

Hi,

first i want to say that i think that its completely stupid to use php.ini for two mail settings, smtp server and port. Perhaps i want to use a different smtp server for mantis, but setting it in the php.ini is vhost wide. Yeah, i could set these both vars on the fly but thats not what i want, i want clean programming and i think everyone else too.

second i want to ask why i have to install phpmailer (see the docs) while its already included in mantis? Mantis includes phpmailer which comes with mantis and since i read the docs i placed (a different phpmailer version) into my includes dir.

What the hell are you developers doing? Remove phpmailer and let users installing their own version.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: PHPmailer

Post by atrol »

an3k wrote: What the hell are you developers doing? Remove phpmailer and let users installing their own version.
You should ask them by mailing to the mantisbt-dev mailing list or discuss this in IRC channel.
Of course, asking in a friedly way will help.

I am pretty sure there is or was a reason to handle phpMailer in this way.
I did not have a closer look at it, but in version 1.2 at least directory structure changed.
Third party libraries are seperated in a library tree. There is also a documentation of versions and changes which are necessary to run MantisBT
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
deboutv

Re: PHPmailer

Post by deboutv »

You have to configure the SMTP host in the config_inc.php file (and not in the php.ini file) and you don't need to install PHPMailer as it is included in Mantis...
Want more plugins to customize Mantis?
=> http://deboutv.free.fr/mantis/

Mantis: 1.1.0, 1.1.0a2
PHP: 5.0.4
SQL: MySQL 5.0.19