Problem with mail notification

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Marc

Problem with mail notification

Post by Marc »

Hi,

I have installed mantis 0.19.0 on my server, but it does not send any emails. I have created new users and want to change their passwords, so I need this or is there a other way to use mantis without sending emails anyway?
I test email with the testing button in /mantis/admin/check.php - it said, that it has send a email succesfully but nothing reached me.
I configured in config_inc.php smtp_host, smpt_user and smtp_password with the data from my regular email account.
I also put the two phpMailer classes in my includepath und added the path to the searched libs.
Any idea what could be wrong?

Thx,
Marc
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

You can turn off the email for password change by setting "$g_send_reset_password = OFF;". This will leave the initial password blank.

As for the mail problem, I would check which phpMailer mode you are using. The smtp_* parameters are only used when "$g_phpMailer_method = 2;". Beyond that, you have to look into the mailer logs.
Tecia

Post by Tecia »

Hi, i have the same problem as Mark, i am using the last version of Mantis...
But how i do this?
You can turn off the email for password change by setting "$g_send_reset_password = OFF;". This will leave the initial password blank.
I delete the admin directory, is it correctly? Because in the index page of mantis i have a warning that i have to delete admin directory
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

Local changes are made in the config_inc.php file in the main directory. There is a sample file there in the normal distribution (config_inc.php.sample). This allows you to change settings and not have them overridden by the next release.

Personally, I don't delete the admin directory. I just make it inaccessible to the apache server. On Linux, "chmod 600 admin" works, assuming that the directory is not owned by the server. On Windows, there should be an equivalent.
Tecia

Post by Tecia »

I edit config_inc.php and i addon $g_send_reset_password = OFF;
When i try to register with a new user... i try to login with blank password but it says:
Your account may be disabled or blocked or the username/password you entered is incorrect.

What i have to do?
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

Do you still have '$g_allow_signup' set? $g_allow_signup = ON requires $g_send_reset_password = ON. You need to either create users manually via the Manage -> Manage Users -> Create User route (setting the password manually), or allow signup (and reset_password).
Tecia

Post by Tecia »

All si deafault so $g_allow_signup and $g_send_reset_password is ON
I create a new user but there's no way to enter a password becuase there's no form for enter password.
I do reset password but i dont receive mail
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

It sounds like the mail interface is not working at all. Have you tried the mailer test in admin/check.php?
Tecia

Post by Tecia »

No... wait :D

I try..
Testing Mail - mail() send successful.

But i receive no mail