problem with custom fields

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

etienne69

problem with custom fields

Post by etienne69 »

Hello,

I have a problem with the creation of custom fields. Indeed, I created a new field in the format "List" with a need and a display in the report.
I linked to a project, but the problem is when I want to report a new bug, an error appears with "invalid custom field definition." (APPLICATION ERROR #1304).

I think the problem is that I create a new field appears at the opening of a bug and there is already open bugs (but not in the same project).

What can I do? What is the real problem ?
atrol
Site Admin

Re: problem with custom fields

Post by atrol »

There are some limitations for possible values.
Which values do you configure for the list?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
etienne69

Post by etienne69 »

I configured several names (five to be exact) :
it's in french : "Portail Applicatif|Chrono|FNC|Archive|Evaluation des fournisseurs"

Is it a limitation for the number of values ? Or characters ?
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

etienne69 wrote: Is it a limitation for the number of values ? Or characters ?
Yes there is, but not that your example fails.
I tested with version 1.2.3 of MantisBT and was not able to reproduce the issue with your values.
Which version do you use?
etienne69

Post by etienne69 »

Hi,

I use the version 1.2.3 of MantisBT.

I found a solution to resolve this problem : I install the plugin LongCF and all is ok !
Now I have no problem with custom fields ... I'm not sure that is the best solution but for the moment it's great.

I have another question about the plugin "MyReport" : when I modified fields and I want to create a new bug, all fields like "category", "severity", "reproductibility" ... are marked by double (catégorie catégorie, séverité sévérité, reproductibilité reproductibilité ...). I don't find a solution for the moment ... any idea ?

Moreover, I don't want to allow users to see the link "Plugins". Is it possible ?
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

etienne69 wrote:I use the version 1.2.3 of MantisBT.
I found a solution to resolve this problem : I install the plugin LongCF and all is ok !
Do you mean this one?
http://deboutv.free.fr/mantis/plugin.php?plugin=LongCF
The plugins from deboutv are not compatible with version 1.2.x of MantisBT and you might get further issues when using this plugin system
etienne69 wrote: I have another question about the plugin "MyReport" : when I modified fields and I want to create a new bug, all fields like "category", "severity", "reproductibility" ... are marked by double (catégorie catégorie, séverité sévérité, reproductibilité reproductibilité ...). I don't find a solution for the moment ... any idea ?
Moreover, I don't want to allow users to see the link "Plugins". Is it possible ?
Might be caused by the incompatible plugin system, at least the link "Plugins" is something which is not part of standard MantisBT
etienne69

Post by etienne69 »

atrol wrote: etienne69 wrote:I have another question about the plugin "MyReport" : when I modified fields and I want to create a new bug, all fields like "category", "severity", "reproductibility" ... are marked by double (catégorie catégorie, séverité sévérité, reproductibilité reproductibilité ...). I don't find a solution for the moment ... any idea ?

Might be caused by the incompatible plugin system, at least the link "Plugins" is something which is not part of standard MantisBT
But "PluginManager" is compatible with this version 1.2.3 of Mantis, is'nt it ? Because I have no problem with its working ... only one or two applications warning not important ! I understand that it's not part of standard Mantis but it has no function or variable to not see the link ?
atrol wrote:The plugins from deboutv are not compatible with version 1.2.x of MantisBT and you might get further issues when using this plugin system
I don't understand why it works ... or at least it corrected my problem. As a matter of fact, I don't use functions offered by this plugin ... so it's why it works correctly I think ...

PS : I think I write very bad english I'm sorry if it's difficult to understand me :oops:
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

etienne69 wrote: But "PluginManager" is compatible with this version 1.2.3 of Mantis, is'nt it ?
It isn't, extract from http://deboutv.free.fr/mantis/index.php
Mantis 1.2.0 - deboutv - 2010-03-09 12:55:48
Mantis 1.2.0 is now the last stable release. Unfortunately the Mantis team has decided to not support compliance with old Mantis versions (as always functions disappear or parameters change...).
In the result, I do not recommand to upgrade to the 1.2.0 release. I'm sorry but I don't have time to convert all my plugins.
etienne69 wrote: PS : I think I write very bad english I'm sorry if it's difficult to understand me :oops:
Me too :wink: