Custom reports

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

partymix

Custom reports

Post by partymix »

Hello Everyone-

I've recently implemented Mantis and swapped over my prior bug tracking system into this one. I'm very excited at the cleanness of this software and how easy it was to import over my old data. Everything is working great!

The question I have is regarding custom reports- I'd love to have the ability to run a report that I can write a query that returns a list of data and be able to display and print it from with in the system- Does anyone know if there is currently a way to do this?

For Example: Say I would like a report to print off that has all open tickets from the past week. I would only like to include fields id, summary, description, submitted_date where submitted_date is > date-7 and status=closed

*I know this is not valid code- just pseudo code.

Thank you to everyone who is active in this community! You've been a great help so far in getting me moving with mantis and I hope to continue to learn new things daily!
istvanb

Re: Custom reports

Post by istvanb »

As far as I am concerned you can do this easily.

First go to the "View Issues" tab, and select the date-range by using the "use date filters" option. Then click "apply filter" and then click print reports a here we go :)

If you want to control which data you want to print go to the "my account / manage columns" and modify the "print issues columns". (you can find all the available columns in the "all available columns" box)
partymix

Post by partymix »

I'm sorry for the confusion- The example query that I gave was a simple query... I'd like to do more advanced queries that will not work with the filter options.
istvanb

Post by istvanb »

There is no such a feature (or at least I dont know about it), however everything is stored in a mysql database, so you can write clever SQL queries to get any data you want. The database structure is fairly easy to understand so if you really want to get tricky reports than you can go and query everything directly from the DB.

The data is in the "bugtracker" table.
partymix

Post by partymix »

Yeah I know- I had to figure out how everything was working together when i was importing my previous database into the new one.... The queries and database aren't an issue- I was just trying to find something that allowed report creation within mantis that I could use and would allow someone to run a pre-defined report from mantis.

I guess I'll go ahead and write unique code that connects to the db and creates the reports they're interested in
cas

Post by cas »

There are some tools available like:
http://mysqlreports.com/
partymix

Post by partymix »

Has anyone used any of the open source reporting programs available out there with mantis??

example: datavision or jasper reports

I'm using MySQL for the database for my Mantis and would love to be able to have more reporting power.

If anyone has used it- could you give me details on your experience with it and also any install/configuration steps?

Thanks everyone!