Get the last comment as custom field

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

istvanb

Get the last comment as custom field

Post by istvanb »

I'd like to customize the reporting capabilites of the Mantis to the need of our company. We report in an excel sheet where we need the issue number, summary of the problem, assignee, last update date and the short summary of where we are with the solution. The first four is not a problem since we have columns for that. The last one is tricky though. It would be nice to have a "custom" column which has the last note, or any mechanism which gives me the solution.

I was thinking about using the "additional info" field for this purposes which is alright, however in this case the users have to update an extra field every time. I dont like this solution.

Another solution could be to use a custom text field which has to be filled with content everytime when the issue is updated. The problem with this is the textfield only appears when the issue is moved from one state of the workflow to another so if you want to update the field without moving the issue then you have to click EDIT. (like in the previous solution)