Directly select Filter and Sort (my_view_page Parameters)

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

stb

Directly select Filter and Sort (my_view_page Parameters)

Post by stb »

Hi,

I have quite some projects and in general I don't want those filter setting to be stored for each project view. I often use the filter to search for bugs and I always have to reset them. Sort is similar: seems to be stored per project, too. It often happens that I want to sort by priority or lastmodified (seeing the important / last updated on top). I click on the column header and then I see that the filter is wrong. I load one of my preset filters (e.g. "undone" or "all" or "new") and then I have to click on the column header again to sort.
This is quite annoying for tasks I often do (see all bugs in all project by priority/date). Is it possible to have some bookmark on my_view_page.php with parameters doing this for me? Setting some special Filter AND selecting Sort criteria? I would e.g. bookmark two or three such "often used" views then.

Any idea?
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

There are saved filters in Mantis. If you meet the right access level, DEVELOPER by default ($g_stored_query_create_threshold), you can save queries you make.

Post by Guest »

As I wrote I use those saved filters (my own presets). Access privileges are no problem. But sort order seems to be "date DESC" always if I load such filter. If I want to see all bugs by priority I have to
1. click on "all projects"
2. load my stored filter "all bugs"
3. click on the column "priority" so it is sorted "priority DESC"

I want to do this in one step if possible.

a) Make a bookmark with parameters to my_view_page.php
b) Filters should not be stored (this might be "per user setting") so that I get a fresh view (e.g. filter "default") INCLUDING defined sort order whenever I change project (or on startup).

Any ideas?
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

This is fixed in the next release (1.0.0a1 due out Real Soon Now). When I added the ability to filter on multiple columns, I also moved the sorting up to the filters area so that it gets saved properly.