Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

KenTech

Status on Auto-assign not working

Post by KenTech »

The following option is not working

Code: Select all

$g_auto_set_status_to_assigned = ON;
If my understanding is correct, the above option would automatically set the Status of a bug if it is assigned to a person. During the creation of the bug, I selected our developer (who is actually an admin in Mantis), but the bug shows up with a Status of "New" and not "Assigned". That doesn't seem right to me. Is it?
istvanb

Re: Status on Auto-assign not working

Post by istvanb »

I was not able to reproduce this issue with a fresh installation of mantis.

You can go to "manage/manage configuration/workflow threshold" and check the status in the "Status to set auto-assigned issues to" field. I think this field may have "new" in it instead of "assigned". This could cause the problem you experience.
KenTech

Post by KenTech »

istvanb wrote:I was not able to reproduce this issue with a fresh installation of mantis.

You can go to "manage/manage configuration/workflow threshold" and check the status in the "Status to set auto-assigned issues to" field. I think this field may have "new" in it instead of "assigned". This could cause the problem you experience.
I was hopeful, but alas, it is set to "assigned".
istvanb

Post by istvanb »

Mysterious... One thing you can try: can you create a new user as a reporter or so, add this user to the project as developer and assign the issue to him. (anyways this is the preferred way to handle users). It suppose to make no difference but who knows.

Again, your problem can not be reproduced on a fresh install, and also I have not faced an issue like this when I was actively working with mantis.

Let us know the status.