Limited Project Access

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

glennp

Limited Project Access

Post by glennp »

Hello,

I have just installed MantisBT on my company's server and trying to get things set up. We want to use a single instance of MantisBT to service all of our clients. In my initial setup I added 2 projects and two "reporter" users each with access to one of the projects. I set up the projects as private.

When I log in to user1 that has access only to project1 I see both project1 and project2 in the projects drop-down on the top right of all the user pages. The same occurs with user2 which only has access to project2. If I select the project that the user does not have access to none of the issues I have added shows up. But we do not want users to see projects that they do not have access to anywhere on the website.

I have been browsing the documentation and going through the forums. The directions to accomplish this may be right there and I keep missing it but I sure can't figure out how to manage this. How do I limit any given user to see ONLY the projects they have been given access to? Or is this not possible without customization?

Thanks for your feedback!!
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Limited Project Access

Post by atrol »

Which version do you use?
I am not able to reproduce this issue with latest stable version 1.2.8 of MantisBT.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
glennp

Post by glennp »

Thanks for the reply.

I am using v1.2.8. schema version 183.

Ok.. Well, forget about it I guess. I just went out to do a screen image of the page I am talking about. I have been working all morning trying to figure this out. I have logged off and on several times with no change. I just logged on again one of the reporter users. Now the project selector drop-down no longer shows up. Wonder why it took so long to go away?
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

glennp wrote:Wonder why it took so long to go away?
Just a guess: Do you use a proxy?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
glennp

Post by glennp »

No, we don't use proxies. Actually I have it installed on an office server and currently accessing it directly over the internal net.

Things are starting to come together with this. Email was a major headache, but it's also working now. Next comes customizing status levels, severity codes and priorities.