Password reset problems

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

glennp

Password reset problems

Post by glennp »

I have version 1.2.8 installed.

I am having this really weird flow of pages when performing a password reset. I have tried to follow the logic and simply cannot figure out where this process is handled.

First, I log in using an administrator account. Go to user management, select a user and then click on reset password. (I know it may have a bit of a different label but I can't bring it up right now to get it exact.)

An email is generated and sent to the owner of that userid, which is one of my email addresses. I open the email and click on the link in the email and a browser comes up and I am at the user profile where I am asked to enter a new password. I enter the new password and confirm it and click on submit.

It then goes back to the login page where I enter the user id and new password and click on go.

Then I end up back at the user profile page again where it asks me to enter a new password. However, if I ignore that and click on the menu items I can navigate the site.

If I log off and then log back in, now after the login screen it brings up the default page as identified in the configuration file.

I have worked with PHP some and can manage to follow the logic and debug a lot of issues. With MantisBT I can't get past 1st base trying to understand how the user authorization works in conjunction with the reset password function. How can I get rid of that second password update page showing up? After the password has been changed and the user logs in using new new password it should then go to the default page.
istvanb

Re: Password reset problems

Post by istvanb »

I have never considered this as a bug but I see your point. I asure its reproducible on other computers as well.
glennp

Re: Password reset problems

Post by glennp »

istvanb wrote:I have never considered this as a bug but I see your point. I assure its reproducible on other computers as well.
Do you have any hints as to how to change this behavior? I've been looking and find it way too convoluted to divine a solution easily.