During the pre-installation checks I am getting some database related errors. I am trying to upgrade my mantis (which is currently v1.2) to the new version (v1.3.1)
I am not able to proceed, I need help here to figure out how to go about this.
Steps followed for my upgrade
1. Downloaded the new package.
2. Took all necessary backup (existing code and database).
3. I set the database and hostname credentials in the config_inc.php file that is related to the current DB
Code: Select all
$g_db_type = 'mysqli'; $g_hostname = <myhostname> $g_database_name = <mydbname> //Just would like to mention here that my current Database is a MSSQL database $g_db_username = <myusername> $g_db_password = <mypassword>;
Following errors message is seen when g_dp_type = 'mysqli' : this is probably a default setting, but i just tried'
Can open connection to database <mydbname> on host mssql_development with username test FAIL
Some tests failed. Please review and correct these failed tests before using MantisBT.
Possible solutions tried:
1. I changed the g_db_type variable to 'mssql'. But the I get the WARNING:
PHP support for Microsoft SQL Server driver
'mssql' driver is no longer supported in PHP >= 5.3, please use 'mssqlnative' instead WARN
2. I changed the g_db_type variable to 'mssqlnative'. The the error is:
Database type is supported by the version of PHP installed on this server
The current database type is set to mssqlnative. The version of PHP installed on this server does not have support for this database type. FAIL
I think I should be using the g_db_type = 'mssql', but it does not allow me to proceed. Please assist.