Migrate data v1.2.19 to v2.0.0

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

MKW-mantis

Migrate data v1.2.19 to v2.0.0

Post by MKW-mantis »

I have downloaded and installed MantisBT v2.0. I'm unclear how to import all of the data from v1.2.19 to the new install. I would rather not try to upgrade the live Mantis install. I understand I should put it in Maintenance mode but if something were to go wrong, I'd prefer to install in a new directory, then import the data. Can I copy all the files from 1.2 and put them into the 2.0 directory then run the install/upgrade script? Alternatively, after installing v2.0 in the new location, can I import the SQL backup file into version 2 location? Thanks in advance for your help.
dhintr

Re: Migrate data v1.2.19 to v2.0.0

Post by dhintr »

As far as I know, you have to just copy the config files and the custom files: https://www.mantisbt.org/manual/admin.i ... grade.html
Or am I missing the question?
MKW-mantis

Post by MKW-mantis »

Thanks but the config file is incorrect because a new database has been created. The documentation mentions not to change the config file directly so I was concerned. My question is, can I import the SQL backup file from existing install to the new install? I'm using PHPmyAdmin. I appreciate your response.
dhintr

Post by dhintr »

I dont know if I understand your problem correctly, this is what I suppose you mean:

you have installation X (mantis version 1.2.19) and you have installation Y (mantis version 2.0.0) and you want to use the database of X in Y.
This is possible by altering the config file (database name, account and pw) and then going to www.yourmantis.com/admin/install.php and click upgrade database.
You should of course also move your custom-files (e.g. custom_strings.php) and adapt your config file according to the information in your old one (if you are moving your mantis).
MKW-mantis

Post by MKW-mantis »

Thanks very much, the full explanation helps. I will give it a try.
didaquis

Post by didaquis »

Next month I will migrate from 1.2.10 to 2.0. We are planning to do this in a separate domain and new database, just like you.

MKW-mantis, It would be great if you detail how you have done and what result you have obtained. Thank you very much in advance! :wink:
MKW-mantis

Post by MKW-mantis »

I'm getting the following error and have been unable to resolve. I've tried a couple of solutions mentioned in other sections of the forum but so far nothing has worked for me.

APPLICATION ERROR #2900
For security reasons MantisBT will not operate when $g_crypto_master_salt is not specified correctly in config_inc.php or is shorter than 16 characters long.

I did not make any changes to the config file, I moved it as requested (by the installer) into the config folder instead of leaving at the root and that's when the error was generated.

I'm still looking for a solution that lets me use the sql data export from 1.2.19 to import into v2.0.0. I've successfully used php myAdmin in the past to export and import sql files and I thought it might be convenient since I'm not a programmer.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

MKW-mantis wrote: For security reasons MantisBT will not operate when $g_crypto_master_salt is not specified correctly in config_inc.php or is shorter than 16 characters long
Set $g_crypto_master_salt to a string which is at least 16 characters long in your config_inc.php,
e.g add the following line

Code: Select all

$g_crypto_master_salt = 'ThisIsASecretStringThatShouldNeverBePublishedToAnyOne';
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual