Turn on Roadmap

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

kytango

Turn on Roadmap

Post by kytango »

Hi, I see Roadmap as one of the tabs on the left nav panel. When I click on it, I see "No Roadmap information available. Issues are included once projects have versions and issues have "target version" set."

How do I turn on Roadmap? I want to be able to put a few items in Roadmap.

Thanks!
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Turn on Roadmap

Post by atrol »

kytango wrote:"No Roadmap information available. Issues are included once projects have versions and issues have "target version" set."
There is not that much more to tell than what the message is telling.
- Create versions for your project (Manage > Manage Projects, click on a project name, ...)
- Set field "Target Version" of issues to any of the versions you created before
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
argniest

Post by argniest »

I am stuck trying to do the same thing. I feel pretty stupid, but I dont see any way to create a Target version. I would really like to utilize this Target version in the mantis BT system. I saw it on your mantis website being used for /bug tracking.

I have a Target version field shown on the screen, when I am sitting on the edit screen for an issue, but there is nothing in it. It is an empty drop down.

I have looked in the manual, and also looked everywhere in the application. And I just see any where or any way to create a Target version.

I appreciate any pointers on how to do this...

I did go into a Test Project I created, and created a version like 1.0 and 1.00.001 for example. BUt those only show up in the Product Version

I attached a screenshot to show how my Target Version is blank.
And my Product Version drop down list box, has one value in it right now. Which is Version 1.0 (that was a product version I had created and assigned a Resolved issue to it (just so I could see the Change Log working, and it does work - it has one issue in it).

I hope all that mumbo jumbo makes some sense.
Attachments
Creating Target Version.png
Creating Target Version.png (15.65 KiB) Viewed 3710 times
argniest

Post by argniest »

I think I realized whats up. I was creating product versions for one project, and then creating issues for a different project. So of course the version numbers were not going to show up. Once I realized that I had to select my test project first (where I had created the version numbers), and then when I created an issue for that project, I was able to select the version numbers from the drop downs.

And once I did that (assigned a version number of a future version) to an issue, then the Roadmap worked.

And funny thing, I realized at the same time that the Change Log is also specific to the project you have selected in the drop down in the upper right of the toolbar of the application. I just kind of forgot about that list of projects I have been creating. That is what had me a little confused. It makes sense now that I see it working though.

awesome!