unable to rename field

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

hussain92

unable to rename field

Post by hussain92 »

how i can rename of summary n description in custom filed of report bug page with customer name and address in ver 2.12
atrol
Site Admin

Re: unable to rename field

Post by atrol »

To be honest, I don't understand what you mean with this question.
Adding a screenshot might help.

Maybe this is something that helps
https://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master/en ... ze.strings

Do you agree that I can delete the following posts, as it seems you posted four times the same question?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25483&p=65132#p65132
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25478&p=65123#p65123
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25477&p=65122#p65122
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

Sounds like he has a custom application where he's not tracking problems individually, but creating a single task for every customer. So he's asking to change the UI text description of "Summary" to "Customer Name" and "Description" to "Customer Address".

I personally don't think Mantis should be used like that. Rather, create a project for each customer and then create a new report for every issue reported by that customer. Instead of replacing Summary and Description, add new custom fields for Customer Name and Customer Address. Use the Summary and Description as-intended.

What I sometimes do: add a custom field that has a dropdown list of Customer Names, so a valid name must be selected when entering a ticket. Apply this to a specific project dedicated to this kind of issue report - rather than customizing all of Mantis with this specific feature.

If those suggestions don't apply, I'm hoping the OP will explain the specific application so we can understand how he's trying to apply Mantis.
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!
hussain92

Post by hussain92 »

thank you starbuck for explaining my query

yes atrol u can delete it