mention @names, add to monitor list?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Starbuck

mention @names, add to monitor list?

Post by Starbuck »

If we Mention a tracker user as @name, they get an email for that reference. But they are not auto-added to the list of users Monitoring the issue. Is there a setting to cause this to happen? (I checked the docs and found no such setting, and check the tracker but found no similar request.)

Example from today: I reported an issue for a client which I also assigned to myself. The client gets no notification (by choice) unless they're involved in the task. Early in processing I added a @name to get info from a client user, which they provided off-line. After processing the ticket I posted a "can we close this?" note without mentioning anyone. Only I got the email for this - the Mentioned user was not auto-added to the Monitor list.

I think once someone is related to a ticket, even by mention, that they have some vested interest in the progress, and they can remove themselves from the list if they aren't interested.

If I had changed the status of the ticket, the user would not have received an email as we have the email_on_status flags disabled. For the "can we close this?" type of inquiry, maybe I should create a new status and ensure managers ( and mentioned users via custom plugin? ) all get emails on that status?

Any tips on how best to handle this?
Thanks!
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!
atrol
Site Admin

Re: mention @names, add to monitor list?

Post by atrol »

Using the "Send a reminder" functionality might be an option for you.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual