Mantis BT Version Update

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

cmichalak

Mantis BT Version Update

Post by cmichalak »

Hello All,

I use Mantis BT V.1.2.15 and I would like to migrate in v.2.0.0
Is it possible to update the new version with Mantis Bug records from the old version ?
The aim is also to extract the different commentaries of a post and the attached files to the post.
Is it possible? How?

Thx
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Mantis BT Version Update

Post by atrol »

cmichalak wrote: 11 May 2018, 12:26I would like to migrate in v.2.0.0
You should use latest version, which is 2.14.0 at the moment.
This is the way how to ugrade https://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master/en ... ll.upgrade
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
cmichalak

Post by cmichalak »

Thanks for your answer.
You're right. Il will use the latest version.

The admin guide does not specify clearly if data (specific fields, commentaries, attached files,...) are upgraded through this method.
Do you think they are?
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

cmichalak wrote: 22 May 2018, 10:04 The admin guide does not specify clearly if data (specific fields, commentaries, attached files,...) are upgraded through this method.
Do you think they are?
The upgrade of the database is done by
Step 4 Execute the upgrade script
cmichalak

Post by cmichalak »

Thx a lot atrol !
cbj4074

Post by cbj4074 »

I'm in a similar position as the OP.

I'm trying to upgrade from Mantis 1.2.11 to 2.14.0.

I followed the upgrade instructions and everything seemed to go smoothly, but I don't see any indication that my data was migrated.

For example, the users table in 1.2.11 was named "mantis_user_table" (all tables have the "mantis_" prefix), but after the upgrade, the table name is simply "user", and Mantis only looks at the new table (obviously), so none of my users are able to login.

Am I missing a step? Do I need to tell the upgrade script to use the "mantis_" table prefix, or something similar?

Thanks for any help!
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

I just the "user" table affected or all tables?
cbj4074

Post by cbj4074 »

Thanks, atrol, it was operator error!

During the Install/Upgrade process, I removed the table prefix/suffix, which, apparently, I had used when installing the previous version.

It makes perfect sense that changing those values now would cause Mantis to perform a new installation instead of an upgrade.

I simply rolled-back my DB, re-ran the upgrader, and left those fields alone. Everything looks to be golden now!

The only remaining question I have is re: uploads, as I don't recall seeing any instruction around whether or not the "uploads" directory should be copied from the old installation, or something else. I tried moving the old "uploads" directory over, but the browser just hangs indefinitely at 0 bytes transferred when I attempt to download any of them.

I'll have a peek at the manual in the meantime. Thanks again.
cbj4074

Post by cbj4074 »

Again, operator error!

For whatever reason, Mantis did not transfer the entries in my old "config_inc.php". I should note that the upgrader wasn't able to write to that file for whatever reason (I had probably locked it down with root:root ownership inadvertently, while moving things around in preparation to upgrade), so it dutifully provided me with a snippet to copy/paste into the new file manually, which I did.

No problem; I just copied the missing entries over manually and file uploads are back to their old behavior. Very good!