mantis customization

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

kirtimahajan

mantis customization

Post by kirtimahajan »

I am configuring mantis 2.10.0 as a ticketing system. The work flow is like this; there are requesters and their managers and service groups and service managers. Workflow is like this a requester raise a ticket for a service group. His manager needs to approve service and then service manager assigns service to one of the assignees.
The workflow is working fine. There are ~ 40 managers and 6 service groups.
I added a custom field to define who is manager of the ticket. Now the problem is when a requester manager logged in he sees all the tickets which are not meats for his action. Is it possible to place a default filter for this? To be noted that at the point of logging there is no information available about manager. So a custom field for user account need to be added. How to achieve this. Pl, help.
kirtimahajan

Re: mantis customization

Post by kirtimahajan »

Mantis is a great software in terms of customization. My tribute to all the developers.

I am describing my problem here again as my earlier post was not clear enough to get any help.
My application is like this: There are following actors in the application; service requester, requester manager, service manager and service assignees.
There are around ~ 40 departments and service requesters. a service requester belongs to one of the departments. Each department has manager who is referred as requester managers. Apart from these departments there are service departments. Members of the service department are service assignees and manager is referred as service manager.

Corresponding to each service department I have defined mantis projects and its manager and assignees.
Mantis access level are defined as requester, requester_managers, service_assignee and service_managers.

Required workflow is like this: a requester request a service, requester's manager accepts or declines service. After acceptance of service service manager assigns job to one the assignee. Assignee works on it and resolve it and finally requester closes the request.

Problem I am facing is how to introduce concept of department in this application. For this I have added a custom field "department" but this is of no use.
All department managers are having same access levels and each one can see/update requests raised by any requester irrespective of the department.
So how to restrict a requester's manager to see requests from his department only and not from others.

I think without touching code this can not be achieved. Pl advice if by changing/adding some code it can be done.

Thanks a lot
atrol
Site Admin

Re: mantis customization

Post by atrol »

I would setup a private project for each department.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual