Locking a user to just one project?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

argniest

Locking a user to just one project?

Post by argniest »

I have been reading through the admin guide and experimenting with my MantisBT installation that I have running. Overall, its running really good (on Windows platform too). And it is amazing piece of software!!! Loving it :mrgreen:

One thing that would be really useful to us, would be if we could lock down any user to see just one project. Is that possible to do?
I have not seen a way to do that yet. That means even if we had 100 or even 500 projects in the system, that any specific user could only see just the one project we locked them down to.

I changed some settings in the admin tools in the mantisbt program, and thought maybe that would have done this. But when I logged in as that user, I could still see the drop down list with all the projects, and not just their default project.
Mophilly

Re: Locking a user to just one project?

Post by Mophilly »

By default, new projects are given a visibility of "public". If you set that property to "private", then only users related to that project can see it in the list. Users are linked to projects in the User editor and in the Project editor.

So you might review and update the users linked to each project. Then make all projects private, save for one or two.