Summary disappears

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Post Reply
malcmail
Posts: 17
Joined: Nov 22, 2018 9:05 am

Summary disappears

Post by malcmail » Nov 27, 2018 8:29 am

When I open an issue to edit the summary field suddenly becomes blank and I have to re-enter the info. ANy ideas what may be causing this? TIA

atrol
Site Admin
Posts: 7670
Joined: Mar 26, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Summary disappears

Post by atrol » Nov 27, 2018 8:44 am

The provided information is not sufficient to provide any help in resolving the issue. A complete and detailed description is required to get a clear understanding of the problem.

Please explain what you do, what are the results you expect to get and what you actually get.

Also provide detailed, step-by-step instructions to reproduce the issue; the additional information listed below may also be useful:

- Exact version of MantisBT, PHP, Database, Web server, Browser and Operating System
- Relevant customizations (e.g. changes in config_inc.php, etc)
- Installed plugins or custom functions ?
- Was the MantisBT source code modified in any way ?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual

malcmail
Posts: 17
Joined: Nov 22, 2018 9:05 am

Re: Summary disappears

Post by malcmail » Nov 27, 2018 8:58 am

Hopefully the following will help. I won't have all the info though.

Latest version of Mantis as downloaded last week. CAn't tell you the version of php etc but can tell you everything else works perfectly.

Just noticed today (first time re-opening an issue) that if I go into edit any task (by any way getting to bug_update_page.php) There is no summary in the text box next to it. All other info ie description priority etc shows up. It mens I have to re-enter the summary every time I go to edit the status (for instance). I have made a number of customisations but all text (or removing the odd field from the bug_update_page.php - but not summary)

malcmail
Posts: 17
Joined: Nov 22, 2018 9:05 am

Re: Summary disappears

Post by malcmail » Nov 27, 2018 9:59 am

Found it - had removed $show_summary_attribute. Know I shouldn't have hardcoded it but when I made changes in the config file (in the config folder) I couldn't get anything to happen.

Post Reply