migration with phpMyAdmin

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

m1st

migration with phpMyAdmin

Post by m1st »

I am migrating database from Bitnami Mantis Stack 2.0.0 Rev1 to fresh Bitnami Mantis Stack 2.19.0-0. Database was exported in CSV format via phpMyAdmin, imported also via phpMyAdmin without any warnings.

phpMyAdmin on target machine displays expected data in SQL tables (I cannot confirm that all data was migrated successfully), however MantisBT web interface on target machine still does not show any data.

What do I miss to complete the migration?

Please advise.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: migration with phpMyAdmin

Post by atrol »

CSV is not a good format to transfer databases.
I assume your new database is different to your old one concerning data types of columns.

The right way would be to export / import the database by using mySQL command line tools mysqldump and mysql.

I am not sure, never tried myself, maybe export type "SQL" in phpMyAdmin does also the job.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
m1st

Post by m1st »

atrol wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 10:40 CSV is not a good format to transfer databases.
I assume your new database is different to your old one concerning data types of columns.

The right way would be to export / import the database by using mySQL command line tools mysqldump and mysql.

I am not sure, never tried myself, maybe export type "SQL" in phpMyAdmin does also the job.
Thank you for response.

mysqldump command requires SQL database name as argument. Source Mantis installation was created using Bitnami MantisBT Stack https://bitnami.com/stack/mantis and phpMyAdmin reports there 5 databases (see screenshot
databases on the source machine
databases on the source machine
databases.png (29.18 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
)

Am I understand correctly that all 5 databases must be exported?
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

You have to export just the Mantis database.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual