railworks2

MantisDB directs to itself no matter the subdomain

Post by railworks2 »

MantisBT Version 2.20.0
Schema Version 209
PHP Version 7.2.15-0ubuntu0.18.04.2
Database Driver mysqli
Database Version, Description 5.7.25, 5.7.25-0ubuntu0.18.04.2
Here is all of my version history, if there's anything else you want to know do let me know.

-----------------

I've installed MantisDB onto my Ubuntu VPS, all is well but I wanted to add email to it and use a webmail for it. However when I try to visit the sub-domain mail.website.com it auto redirects the content to website.com (Mantis)

I'm not an expert at Linux; Ubuntu and Mantis. Thanks for any help you give.
cas

Re: MantisDB directs to itself no matter the subdomain

Post by cas »

This is not a mantis issue but has to do how you set up your webserver/mailserver.
I assume you tested mantis fully before moving on to the next step.
If mantis was working as expected then root cuase will be in the next step you did, adding the subdomain.
How did you configure that since it will not just do everything fully automatic?
You are using a hosted solution of home?
railworks2

Re: MantisDB directs to itself no matter the subdomain

Post by railworks2 »

Hi there,

So it's a VPS in the cloud; Mantis works fine and then I went to install modoboa, using the automated install. It works fine when MantisDT isn't installed. The installer gave me the subdomain automatically, and I assume it's doing something to make that happen.

So naturally I went to mail.mydomain.com and it gave me Mantis instead of the email; so I tried to look online to see if this has occurred to anyone before but nothing.

At the moment, I've gone and uninstalled Mantis and I'll prob come back when I feel a bit more confident in Linux, Apache and servers in general.

Thanks for your help.