How Can I Restrict Attachment Filetypes In The File Browser Dialog

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Christian

How Can I Restrict Attachment Filetypes In The File Browser Dialog

Post by Christian »

Good morning,

I'm using Mantis 1.2.19 installed automatically through Plesk. I'm configuring Mantis on my server and I'm running into a small issue when testing the attachment uploader. I can't prevent users from selecting filetypes that I defined with $g_disallowed_files.

I followed the example in config_defaults_inc.php and added the following code in config_inc.php:

Code: Select all

# --- Attachments / File Uploads ---
$g_allowed_files		= 'png,jpg,jpeg,txt';
$g_disallowed_files		= 'php,exe,doc,docx,docm,hta,html,htm,js,jar,vbs,vb,pdf,sfx,bat,dll,tmp,py,msi,msp,com,gadget,cmd,vbe,jse,ps1,ps1xml,ps2xml,psc1,psc2,lnk,inf,scf,reg';
I updated config_inc.php and cleared my cache but my users still see "All Files (*.*)" in the file browser dialog box instead of "Image Files (*.png, *.jpg, *.jpeg) | Text Files (*.txt)".

I tried using different variants of code to see if Mantis is expecting a different format.

# Attempted following the example from config_defaults_inc.php

# Attempted to verify if the file upload dialog box was expecting a period.
$g_allowed_files		= '.png,.jpg,.jpeg,.txt';

# Attempted to verify if the global variable was expecting an array, like $g_bug_report_page_fields does.
$g_allowed_files		= array('png','jpg','jpeg','txt');

# Attempted to verify array declaration
$g_allowed_files		= ['png','jpg','jpeg','txt'];

# Attempted to verify if an array and period is expected.
$g_allowed_files		= array('.png','.jpg','.jpeg','.txt');

# Attempted to use PHP's recommendation for Mime Type restriction
$g_allowed_files		= array('image/jpeg', 'image/png', 'text/plain');

# Attempted to implement filters that other programming languages use.
$g_allowed_files		= 'Text files (*.txt)|*.txt|All files (*.*)|*.*';
I looked through bug_file_upload_inc.php, bug_file_add.php, config_filter_defaults_inc.php to see if there were declarations in there but I couldn't find anything regarding file types.

I also verified that the global variables were available in version 1.2.19. According to
https://mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=1473 the variables have been implemented since 0.17.2.

My next step is to look into file_api.php but I also wanted to check with the forum to see if I'm missing anything. I'm open to suggestions and recommendations. Thank you.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: How Can I Restrict Attachment Filetypes In The File Browser Dialog

Post by atrol »

Christian wrote: 07 May 2019, 16:33 I'm using Mantis 1.2.19.
Are you aware that this version is outdated, no longer supported and comes with security issues?

This is the right way to set the option and it works in latest stable version (2.21.0 at the moment)

Didn't try, maybe in 1.2.19 the file extension is only checked when trying to upload the file, but not when choosing the file by the file selection dialog.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual