[QUESTION] Importing MantisHub data into MantisBT

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Peter_M

[QUESTION] Importing MantisHub data into MantisBT

Post by Peter_M »

Hi all,

My organisation has a Gold membership with MantisHub, although it's not really being used effectively. Having reviewed the information we have, I have come to the conclusion that we need to clear everything down and start again. There is some useful information within MantisHub that I would like to keep and make available to our users as read only. I understand that I can set the status of a user to viewer and make the projects private, however the data is in a bit of a mess and is likely to make it confusing when we start populating with new projects.

I have been in contact with MantisHub support who have suggested I ask the question here :)

I have taken a backup of the MantisHub data and have installed a local copy of MantisBT. My question is how can import the data from MantisHub into local MantisBT? I have searched Google and these forums, however pretty much all of the results do the import the other way.

Any suggestions or advice gratefully received and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Best wishes, Peter

Comments, views and opinions are my own and do not represent the views of any organisation I work for.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: [QUESTION] Importing MantisHub data into MantisBT

Post by atrol »

Be aware that this is the forum of MantisBT, the free open source bug tracker.
We don't have access to the commercial MantisHub hosting that comes also with some additional closed source functionality.

I assume you have to do nothing more than to import the database backup you got from MantisHub and to config the database connection in config_inc.php to the database that has been created by the import.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual